Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rant - Pop A Pill

I was actually in the middle of another blog post, when I was distracted (hi-jacked) to write this rant.

I'm frankly appalled at what I've just read (and watched, see the link below) - our nation (I didn't research other  countries) has lost its collective mind.  Is there a pill for that?  Wait, you can probably get someone to write you a prescription.  No, I don't think so!

As I pondered this post - I flashed back (no, not because of drugs) to the few times I've seen commercials (I don't watch tv) and the proliferation of take this pill to ease this!

Pills, pills, pills, don't feel good, take a pill.  Life got you down?  Take a pill.  Child can't or won't sit still?  Take a pill (for them, you or both!) Trouble paying attention (hello?) take a pill.  Sad, tired, fat, thin, strong, weak, distracted, take a pill.

Here's where I started, researching this word:

Witchcraft - G5331 - From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative). (Used 3x in 3 verses)
  • G5332 - From φάρμακον pharmakon (a drug, that is, spell giving potion); a druggist (“pharmacist”) or poisoner, that is, (by extension) a magician.

Now that's interesting, especially with the proliferation of 'medicines' and 'medications' for those who are unstable or have mental issues.  Are the medicines truly helping or are they compounding the problem?  Google search and found this, which is,  simply amazing.  Tell me lies, sweet little lies.  It's a lengthy read - 2 parts in fact - but substantiates how Big Pharm isn't really out to help - its all about the $, that and control.  People who are on 'drugs' are easier to control.  Slaves work better that way."

And as I read...the more annoyed I became.  They give drugs for mental issues to 2  year old children.  Really?

Don't want to work, apply for federal aid, but wait, little Johnny or Jill will be 'labeled' and need medication so you'll qualify.  Your family can make up to $30K a year.  Really!?

Here's a 2013 article about the rising number of women abusing prescription medications.

Another 2013 article about which prescription drugs American's abuse most often.

In 2011 - an article about whose taking mental health drugs (1 in 5 Americans).  100% increase in the number of children under age 10 taking antipsychotic medications.

This site contains a video: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging - I think I'm sending up smoke signals with my level of annoyance at the whole sham of create a disease so we can prescribe a pill.

I watched the whole thing...I read some of the comments...I do not know if Scientology is backing the video or not...I do know this...life has seasons, it has ups and downs, it has happy and sad times.

It has pains and aches, joys and delights, life is not going to be lived without some or all of the range of emotions that we experience.  Taking a drug to mask the symptom is not the answer.  I would guess that a lot of what we experience is because we have become less active, eat a host of processed, nutritionally void food, and spend far too much time looking at screens (again as I sit in front of a screen writing - oh the irony).

I would encourage anyone who is not 'feeling' well mentally - have you spent time with the great physician?  Have you meditated upon His word?  Are you being active in your faith?

Are you drinking enough water (this really does impact your life), eating nutritionally good food?  Physically, mentally and emotionally active?

Popping a pill is not the answer - find the root of the problem - and please encourage others to do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment