Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Kastling...

...no not like in chess!  :-D

So, I bought drywall mud and tape - the man at the hardware store explained what I needed to do and I *thought* I had it down.  HA!

My first few attempts were, shall we say, not quite as tidy or pretty as I'd have liked.  Google and Youtube to the rescue.

PART I

PART II



Which made a MAJOR difference!  I still need work on the outer corners.  If I had it to do over, I'd spring for the doo-hickeys which have the corners and tape combined.  Much easier than trying to 'build' them...really, trust me...splurge if you're doing a corner and buy them.

When I went to the hardware store to purchase paint they had 3-1 (filler, primer, paint) on sale (don't buy it...really it's not worth it and unless you have a color which dilutes it considerably, its like spreading mud) I decided to go ahead and buy paint for:

Bathroom
Bedroom
Kitchen
Dining Room
Den
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Master Bath

Really...and since I had the mud and tape out, and was going to be pulling tack strips, you know I may as well do all these rooms (except for the Master areas)...I like tackling elephants...really.  Plus I had ALL this time off from work at the end of the year - almost 2 weeks - plenty of time.  HAHAHAHAHAHA!



Living Room before I started pushing and pulling stuff into the center of the room.




<2nd spare bedroom on the left, yes I crammed most of the stuff from the den into there and then a shot of the den on the right of the picture.


And on the left and below, pulling stuff away from the walls...literally there were 5 rooms torn up at once...and though I don't often cook, it was the kitchen that really began to drive me nuts!




To be continued...really, I did make progress.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment