Monday, August 26, 2013

Kastle - Bathroom

While, I'm not quite 'done' with my kastle renovations, I have begun to see an END!  Thank you Lord!

I've several rooms which are either completed or almost completed.  Here's the bathroom in stages.

Stage I - boy friendly symmetrical squares which meshed the colors from both my sons' rooms.  That was a creative chore!




Phase II - we had spackled the cracks - however that really didn't make them 'disappear' so I attempted to work some mud magic.  Drywall tape and mud - it wasn't quite as 'smooth' as I'd have liked.




Phase III - done with mud - now to the base coat - I'm going for an underwater scene, so turquoise to match the curtain (which has now been replaced).




Phase IV - because the 'seams' weren't as 'seamless' as I'd have like and because I was going for the underwater scene, I added some ferns to draw the eye.





Some additional shots - I was looking for fish to put on the wall, and discovered these cool hooks.  My original intent was to paint the fish on the wall; however, I am now in the phase of I want to at least 'feel' like I've made some type of progress!

 
  
 Next up...1st spare bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment