Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Clutter

Hi my name is...and I'm a pack rat...well, I'm a recovering pat rack...I'm a partial pack rat, I'm in recovery.

LOL...and I noticed the typo above...as I stumble over my 'words' of confession!

I've actually made pretty good progress over the years - it is liberating to have things where they belong, a place for everything and everything in its place. I'm obviously NOT there yet, but hey the turtle won the race, eh?

This was an article I came across: How to Become Clutter-Free for Greater Happiness and Productivity and was the inspiration for this post - in fact I couldn't wait to write it so I could de-clutter the 15 tabs in my browser!  LOL!

Which made me think about the quote - "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"

Are there positives to some clutter? According to some research: Clean desk or messy desk? Both have benefits, study finds. A tad more creativity!

However, if you're looking for help to de-clutter and get better organized, try a few of these sites for some tips, tricks and encouragement:

Can Clutter Be a Biz Killer - she talks about email - egads! I'm in serious trouble here!

Fight Clutter in Your Space In Five Easy Ways - they didn't mention it here, but I have used a timer. It really does help - set it and you'll be surprised at how much can be accomplished in 10, 15 or 20 minute increments.

How Clutter Affects Your Brain and What You Can Do About It - This one was really good...worth reading and not too lengthy.

Another positive one - Einstein Was Right: Clutter Is Good - creativity, stepping outside the box.

11 Ways Throwing Out Clutter is Good for Your Health - *sigh* I know, I know, do I really need and then fill in the blank. Now where did I put that timer?

And last, but not least - because I was looking for Pack Rat - or I used that in my search, the last three (you wondered how cluttered this post was going to be with links, now didn't you?)

Packrats Anonymous Handbook - she's got a KISS philosophy that's quite interesting.

The Restless Brain had an excellent post, as well as this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment