Friday, August 30, 2013

Kastle - Kitchen



Ah, the Kitchen!  The room which 'really' got the ball rolling on this, hmm, I think painting would be a good idea.  Nest is empty, time to upgrade and make some cosmetic changes.  So here we are at Phase I - before.

Notice the paint chips pinned to the wall?  I was trying to make up my mind.  Do I really want red?  My boss blessed me with a toaster to match my new color choice!


Yeah, my counters are always loaded, no matter  how hard I try - there is ALWAYS something on them, making for a cluttered picture.  Such is life!
Here we go!  Do I like red, do I REALLY want it ALL over my walls?

Take note of this poster - it will show up later.  :-D

Oh dear!  What to do, what to do!  The 'wall' where I marked the growth of my sons!  With one for mom squeezed in there at some point (when they passed me!).  Fortunately these tack strips are what needed to be removed so I was able to save them.  I know, I know...pack rat!


Grief!  I must have taken 10 pictures of the growth markings!  Delete, delete, delete!  Chalk it up to mom sentimentalism!

Alright, now we're entering Phase II - drywall tape and mud and joy of joys! Building corners - AGAIN!  These weren't too bad as they were 'angled' so no sharp edge required!

I must have gotten lazy somewhere along the line - who me? As I don't have as many photos of the in between stages!



Phase III - paint on the walls!

Ha...this particular shot - I had gotten done for the evening - lights out except for the one over the stove - came through the house and thought it was on fire because of the red paint.  Quite a shock!

I was going to 'cut off' the red and delineate between the kitchen and the dining room.  However, after I'd looked at the 'line' for a while, decided it really looked better to finish out the wall.
Phase IV - Paint done, cleaned up a bit, and pictures on the walls!  You'll notice in the shot below I finished out the red.
A fellow square dancer gave me a little sign - Fresh Eggs - she knows my penchant for farm fresh eggs!
I had a small valance running across the top of this window - with the bottom 2 panels in the dining room.  Decided I'd use all in the kitchen window - heh, however I neglected to take into consideration that the kitchen window is much smaller (shorter) and I would have had to layer the panels and the valance.  I had picked up some curtains (marked down - whoo hoo!) - one was a shear and put it up in the DR - didn't like it.  Swapped the valance and panels to that window and put the shear here.  Only problem - or so I thought - WAY too long - so as a temporary fix (while I tried to figure out WHAT to do) I doubled the curtain and fed the bottom onto the rod and stuck it up there.  I think it turned out pretty neat!
Next up...the dining room!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment