Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Book of Remembrance

I've kept diaries and journals from the time I was a young girl.  Do they still sell those little journals with the locks?  *sigh* such memories.

I've actually, KEPT the books too...which has been an interesting, and sometimes saddening read.  I wasn't born again until my late 20s, lots of worldliness contained in the books, yet interestingly enough lots of questions and demands that God show or prove He is real.

I've debated keep them or burn them...lots of it drivel from my unsaved days...doubtful anyone would read them and if they did, would there be any eternal benefits?

So...God's keeping a journal on us, what is He writing?  Is there anything for Him to write?  Are we 'note worthy' in His estimation?

Mal 3:16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name. 

Malachi ends the Old Testament portion of reading through the Bible.  Interestingly our ladies church group begin listening to a lecture series on the OT.  The introduction mentioned the Hebrew Bible and the English/Greek Bible's arrangement of the books in the OT as being situated differently.



I'm wondering, if the Hebrew arrangement of OT books is significant and if so, why did the Greek/English Bible end up differently?

If God keeps a book of remembrance, and He had the order specified, are we missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment