Friday, September 5, 2014

Have you ever said any of these?

I've previewed a few of these, specifically the 'good question.' I've used that one.  The thrust of the article was about how we may possibly 'hurt' our credibility.

Can we defend, and I don't mean in an argumentative manner, our faith to those who question?

The list was taken from Parchment and Pen, 21 Things Christians Say That Hurt Their Credibility.

You can’t use the Bible to prove the Bible

You can’t out-give God.

Christianity is dependent on your character witness.

Good question. I will find the answer and get back to you.

If the Bible is not inerrant, then Christianity is false.

If there are modern day prophets, then the canon is still open.

God comes before my wife.

I don’t want to know about God, I just want to know him.

Everyone who disagrees with me is a liar.

In heaven, we will be bowing down before the thrown of God 24/7

Nothing could be further from the truth.

When we get to heaven we will be timeless.

All sins are equal in God’s sight.

The Bible says it, therefore it’s true.

The trinity is like 3-in–1 shampoo.

One white lie will send you to hell for all eternity.

I was going to preach this, but the Holy Spirit led me to this. (This isn't one I've said.  :-))

Belief is no good without practice (Part 1)

Belief is no good without practice (Part 2)

Belief is no good without practice (Part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment