Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day

Or as the article I just read, Labor Daze...quite an admonishment and encouragement to remember why we work, for whom we work and the TRUE rewards of our work.

A few highlights:

Work is a gift;
Work has been cursed;
Work is not always for money; and
Work is about worship.

I have to admit I've never really seen work as worship.  Quite an interesting exhortation.  While preparing, going, doing or leaving work do I see it as an act of worship?

Whatever we are doing?  For those with a career (yes I said career) in homemaking, you are further challenged, you're at 'work' pretty much 24/7 (or as some advertising I recently saw 25/8).  :-)

From the article: 
Proverbs 31:27 She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Though her remuneration is less tangible than a paper paycheck, her industrious contribution to the family and society and God’s kingdom should be valued beyond the spot price of gold.
Regardless of where you're sowing (and reaping), let us remember in ALL we do, it is to glorify the Master Worker.

1 comment: