Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Apologetics

What is/are apologetics?

From Got Questions:

"Christian apologetics is simply presenting a reasonable defense of the Christian faith and truth to those who disagree. Christian apologetics is a necessary aspect of the Christian life. We are all commanded to be ready and equipped to proclaim the gospel and defend our faith (Matthew 28:18-20;1 Peter 3:15)."

For a more detailed article, Come Reason covers the topic:

The Meaning of Apologetics

The Nature of Apologetics


  • Good Reasoning
  • Knowledgeable
  • Gentle and Respectful (I need to work on this one, a lot)
The Need For Apologetics
  • It Helps Us Deepen Our Relationship with God
  • Apologetics Helps Secure Our Faith
  • We Are Commanded to Do It!
How to Do Apologetics
  • Prepare
  • Pick an issue
  • Go On the Offensive


The Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry (CARM) is another resource for those who'd like to research the topic further.


I have to admit after a brief review of some of the women (and other apologetic sites) I 'felt' as if my Christian life and witness was sluggish!

While we're not all called to minister in the same way; I do believe we are to be ready to give an answer for the hope that is within us.

Am I?  Are you? 

Note: I do not vet the sites, be a Berean.

No comments:

Post a Comment