Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Who Is His People?

Who is there among you of all his people? 2 Chronicles 36:23

Thus endeth the readings from the Old Testament.

How distinct are we as Christians? What 'odor' do we project to our family, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, people we pass through in life?

How brightly is our 'light' shining in this dark world?

"This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine..."

Begins the song...but the light can only shine if there is 'oil' in our vessels. Our oil isn't based upon us, or a one time filling.

We've got to be renewed daily, freshing ourselves with His word. 'Washing' allowing His Word to cleanse, correct, and encourage us.

Lord, I am such a tarnished, slovenly vessel, not worthy to be called by your name, forgive me for my rebellion against You. For choosing distractions and pleasures of this world over You and Your Word. Cleanse me Father, wash me fresh, fill me full with Your Spirit.

Help me Lord to be a savour of life, an obedient vessel pouring out Your words, life and encouragement. Help me Lord not to be deceived by the enemy.

Cause me to be discerning of the sleight of hand used by those who may claim to be Christians, but in reality are not walking in the full counsel of the Word.

Cleanse us Your people, help us to be prepared for the daily battle with our flesh and the enemy. Strengthen Your people O Lord and cause us to 'see' the battle as You.

"Who is there among you of all his people?"

No comments:

Post a Comment