Friday, October 9, 2015

Ungodly Persecute Righteous

I had to read the verse 3 times to absorb the word picture.

Just as Ishmael persecuted Issac, so the ungodly do to the children of promise.

http://bible.com/1/gal.4.29.kjv But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Jesus told us we'd be persecuted, just as He was...but dear American saint, how persecuted are we?

Please don't tell me you're mocked for wanting to put Christ into 'christ-mass' - which is no where in Scripture.

Rather are you persecuted or mocked by others, including 'Christians' because you don't?

Do you have morals or standards for what you watch, listen, read and get flack?

Irritating yes, as north American peoples, but no where near the persecution suffered by saints in other countries.

We don't lose our homes, jobs, families, get stoned, burned, banished.

Yet how frequently do we pray and intercede? Weep because they weep? Feel their anguish?

I confess I fall short, encased as I am in my 'ivory castle'. I am a selfish, self centered person, consumed with my own 'problems', pleasures, wants and desires.

God forgive me.

1 comment: