Wednesday, June 10, 2015

2 Kings

2 Kings 1-4

Parting Jordan
Tarry here
Hold your peace
Elisha's ministry to women.

2 Kings 5-8

5:12 - ...went away in a rage.

Have you ever done that? Maybe not a rage (what is the root?), but a huff?
Annoyed?
Irritated?
Put out?
Offended?

When someone has spoken godly words and/or advice to you?

Naaman returned (and this time spoke to the prophet, not his servant) - humbled.

How often do we let our pride, our thought of our elevated status or position stiffen our necks to counsel?

6:13 in Dothan? Same as Jacob's sons?

Chapter 8 - told to leave because of famine.  How is this different from Elimlech leaving?

2 Kings 9-11

Two women slain. ..for being wicked.

One thrown from a window, another pierced with a sword.

2 Kings 15-17

His mother's name. ..who, when, where used? Why?

2 Kings 18-19

18:27 eat dung and drink piss...pretty graphic words. Made me wonder if those types of words were there 'curse words'?

Each society has words which are 'common' and vulgar, offensive and degrading. The sad thing about the society in which I currently reside is its more common to hear vulgar words and see lowly behavior than not.

Our society thrives on violence, anger, degrading people, hate. It's incredibly sad and as I type this I wonder do I engage in this behavior? Even in my thoughts?

Say when a driver cuts me off, or do I make fun of people? Talk about people behind their back? Gossip?

Isaiah introduced in 19:2 - first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment