Saturday, December 14, 2013

Back In The Saddle

Well, perhaps not saddle, but keyboard?  LOL!  My computer video card was in the throes of death.  Alas and alack it was not a separate item but integrated into the motherboard!  *sigh*  Which meant either an expensive repair...or replacement.

I don't make those types of decisions quickly - and had to research further prior to making a purchase.  Stick with Windows 7 (and ironically pay more) or go with Windows 8, with the repeated admonitions from people about DON'T BUY WINDOWS 8!

Fortunately I was able to view another laptop with windows 8, touch it hold, it, push buttons, etc. Researched online - the holiday sales began...found one (with 8) that seemed to fit the bill.  I'm still trying to figure out the bells and whistles....not to mention the touch screen application (with no touch screen - too expensive for what I wanted processor wise).  I'm still trying to figure out from all the pop up adverts (which Microsoft seems to be 'partnered') are actually legit and keep.  *sigh*

I am at least able to get online, get mail, blog a post, or is that post a blog :-) - Now if I could get the printer to communicate with the computer...and oh yeah, get the usb mouse and keyboard hooked up.  Technology is advancing upon me!

Hopefully, I will be a little more consistent with my posts...have had lots of thoughts running to and fro, one in particular which I hope will be an encouragement, and inducement, for me (and others) to spend more time in His Word.

Covet prayers from the saints - His blessings to the household of faith!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you found something that fit the bill! :-) Missed seeing your postings.

    ReplyDelete