Friday, December 20, 2013

365 Day Challenge

People like a challenge - do I measure up?  Can I pass muster?  Can we?  Do we?  God's gauntlet:

2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I did a post last year exhorting us to Read Through the Bible and I'm finishing up 52 Weeks for this year.

I've been perusing Ligonier's list from last year, and decided to go the Legacy route this upcoming year.

I like the idea of reading Proverbs daily, it causes me to reflect back and remember how my children and I read the Proverbs daily.  I'll post later once I have 'my' plan in place for the daily reading.

The question for you (and me) - we eat physically every day - there isn't often we pass up food, so how diligent are we to ourselves (and to exhort and encourage one another) to partake of the eternal food?  To nourish and feast ourselves upon manna from heaven?

If you are already 'challenged' - is there someone you can challenge?

I'm hoping to post as I read through this year - I'd appreciate prayer for my diligence in reading and sharing (if the Lord leads) and also, I'd like to 'hear' from you!  Which plan are you using? What nuggets of eternal gold have you gleaned in your readings?

No comments:

Post a Comment