Friday, November 11, 2011

Head Coverings

This is in no way an exhaustive representation of the different views on head coverings.

For the last year or so I have wrestled back and forth, back and forth with this issue, trying to NOT allow my feminist upbringing to influence my perceptions and/or understanding of what the Word of God says.

This first link is an audio clip:  Covering and Uncovering the Head.

I am going to listen to it again - the speaker/teacher makes some excellent points. One of the thoughts:  "If women are to be covered and IF hair is the covering that would require men to be bald or shaven."

I have a few questions which popped up, but as I stated, I will need to listen again to make sure I understood what was being said.

This article:  The Issue of Head Coverings  is one I came across a while back, pros and cons with it as well.

Praying for all my sisters (and ME) to be submissive to the Word of the Lord, desiring to be conformed to HIM and not allow the teachings, beliefs, and/or cultural behaviors to stay us from fulling following HIM.

11/11/11 - 4:00 P.M. CDT - A sister shared with me that she and her husband have read, re-read and re-read the passage in question and keep coming to the same conclusion, that it is about authority.


As I put that in my hopper and started pondering upon it...the next question became, so what was Eve wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment