Thursday, December 24, 2015

Born to Die

John 18:
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

39 But ye have a custom, that I should release unto you one at the passover: will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

40 Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

Born to die...to bear witness of the truth...to those who will hear.

Are you truly a truth seeker? Or, as the Jews, caught up in your tradition? Crucifying truth (Jesus) by supposedly honoring His birth?

Or as Pilate, do you 'gloss' over "what is truth" because it feels good, doesn't cause waves, let's you fit in?

If christ-mass is really of God why is the world so eager to embrace and promote it? How different, and Biblically relevant are you?

How fervently do we stand for truth? Who do we resemble more?

Peter denying, wanting to NOT stand out?

Pilate, supposed to judge right, but compromising to keep 'peace'?

Crowds/world who want to 'feel good'?

Barabbas, pardoned, as a robber (stealing truth)?

Christ, willing to give all, integrity, truthful, honest. Sacrificial for truth.

So who do you look most like?

No comments:

Post a Comment