Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Nothing new...

...under the sun.  Verse reference:

Ecc 1:9  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Which came to mind when I read:

Eze 13:22  Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life.

As much as 'things' change, they stay the same.

"Just ask Jesus into your heart."

"Say this prayer."

"Jesus loves you."

The easy (as my pastor stated it) 'pocket Jesus' promises life to people, without any real challenge to the person's life.

Having an encounter with Jesus - and I don't mean you said a prayer, walked an isle or asked Jesus into your heart - I mean a truly, my heart of flesh has been removed.  I have been given a heart of flesh.

Oh my God (not in the worldly sense, flippant and irreverent), but literally, OH MY GOD!  I am a sinner.  I have hated God, I have hated His people, I have mocked Him.  I have 'pretended' to be a Christian, I have 'said' the right stuff, I have 'behaved' the right way.  I am a fake, a hypocrite.  I crucified Jesus.

I killed the son of God.  My sin, my wickedness caused a righteous man to be beaten, nailed to a cross, to be separated from his Father.  I deserve the death He died.  I don't deserve ANY good thing at all.  Fall on your face before Him, overwhelmed by His gracious goodness in choosing (Yes, Him choosing) me.

Unworthy me, with absolutely nothing to offer.  Me, He chose me.  Took me from the kingdom of darkness and made me a child of the King.  What can I do to serve Him?  How does He act?  How does He speak?  Treat people?  Require of me?

Is that your experience?  You've changed from loving darkness and now want to walk in light?  Or are you still dabbling with the works of darkness?  How much different do you (or I) think, act and speak since we were 'converted'?

The first half of the verse above:

Eze 13:22a - Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad...

...so saints how 'sad' are we?

How distressed are we by the unsaved state?

The false gospels which are preached?

How bold for truth and it's being proclaimed rightly?

How are you dear saint?  Cold, hot or lukewarm?

1 comment:

  1. Ouch. This hurt - in a really good way. Thank you for bringing this up and blogging about it.

    This reminded me of what I was reading not that long ago in Matthew:
    where Peter denied Jesus and Judas betrayed Him. After I was done reading the chapters I was overcome with a sad sense of pain; pain because I realized that I am the betrayer and the denier of His Holy name....

    Thank you again for the post - I was blessed by it.

    ReplyDelete