Monday, April 14, 2014

Monthly Memory Verse

I really need to be more diligent in memorizing His word!  A dear sweet sister in the Lord had this encouraging post.

This month's memory verse is:

Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. - Psalm 105:3

Soooo, I thought I'd 'tear' it apart a bit.  :-)  Hopefully I'll actually meditate upon it and have it memorized by the end of the month.  I know, I know best get busy as the month is half over!!!!!

Psa 105:3  Glory H1984 ye in his holy H6944 name: H8034 let the heart H3820 of them rejoice H8055 that seek H1245 the LORD. H3068 

Glory - H1984 - A primitive root; to be clear (originally of sound, but usually of color); to shine; hence to make a show; to boast; and thus to be (clamorously) foolish; to rave; causatively to celebrate; also to stultify. (Stultify? - verb: cause to lose enthusiasm and initiative, esp. as a result of a tedious or restrictive routine.)

Used 165 times in 140 verses - most prominantly in Psalms (94 matches) then in Proverbs (9 matches).

holy - H6944 - From H6942; a sacred place or thing; rarely abstractly sanctity.
  • H6942 - A primitive root; to be (causatively make, pronounce or observe as) clean (ceremonially or morally).
name - H8034 - A primitive word (perhaps rather from H7760 through the idea of definite and conspicuous position; compare H8064); an appellation, as a mark or memorial of individuality; by implication honor, authority, character.

I found this definition interesting, what does our name say about us?  When someone hears our name, do they know us to be one of His?

heart - H3820 - A form of H3824; the heart; also used (figuratively) very widely for the feelings, the will and even the intellect; likewise for the centre of anything.
  • H3824 - From H3823; the heart (as the most interior organ); used also like H3820.
    • H3823 - A primitive root; properly to be enclosed (as if with fat); by implication (as denominative from H3824) to unheart, that is, (in a good sense) transport (with love), or (in a bad sense) stultify; also (as denominative from H3834) to make cakes.  (There's that word again, stultify!)
rejoice - H8055 - A primitive root; probably to brighten up, that is, (figuratively) be (causatively make) blithe or gleesome.

seek - H1245 - A primitive root; to search out (by any method; specifically in worship or prayer); by implication to strive after.

And this is where I'm falling short.  I'm not seeking Him as I should.  I'm not wrestling with Him, drawing closer, deeper, more intimate.  I'm lolly gagging around, wasting time.  His time.  I seem to forget He's the Master, I am the slave.  All I am, have, or ever will be, every drop of my time and talents are to be dedicated to HIM and HIM alone.

Lord - H3068 - From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God.
  • H1961 - A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary).
So perhaps this lethargy or whatever this 'feeling' is, is because I'm not seeking to spend time with Him as I ought.  How much time to outside activities, interests, etc. am I allowed to give?  I don't know that there is a measurement, 6 hours here, 1 hour here, etc. Rather, we are all individually called to give an account of how we spend HIS time, what may be a waste for one person, may not be for another.

I do want to rejoice in Him, to glory in His name.  O' Lord, forgive me when I indulge my flesh and am a lazy, vile creature, forgive me Lord, when I place other things before spending time with You.  Forgive me Lord for neglecting to truly seek after You.  Cleanse me O' Lord, wash me fresh, give me a desire to be a better reflection of You.  To honor the use of Your time given to me on this temporal plane.  Help all of us Lord to glory and rejoice in and for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment